Here is an update I received this evening from my Aunt Linda. (Mason is the oldest son of my cousin Lynnette...see previous entry!)
Dear family and friends,
Due to the speed with which emails circulate, I'm sure the Lord received literally hundreds of prayers on behalf of Mason today. I spent a good deal of the day with him and he is doing much better. The right kidney must have been able to filter a lot of fluid out and his pain has greatly subsided. He went from morphine and vicodin to just Ibuprofen. I did give him watermelon in hopes of getting food/fluid in him and unfortunately that started some pain but it was manageable. He needs to eat and drink but the fluid needs to remain only small amounts often so the kidney can handle it. His renal scans are scheduled for Friday morning so that will tell us the story of the amount of damage. Please pray Mason can remain still for the 90 minutes required for the scans so they will be clear and precise. Pray for wisdom for the doctors both reading the scans and making the decision concerning a surgery.
Thanks so much,
Linda
No comments:
Post a Comment