That's how much baby weighs right now...at least according to the ultrasound I had yesterday! I was able to go to my dr. office for a "regular" ultrasound because the two level 2 ultrasounds I had done both looked good. However, I have to have another level 2 today because baby's arms and legs were measuring small yesterday compared to rest of him. My doctor assured me she didn't think there was anything to be worried about, but wanted me to get another ultrasound (within the next week or 2) just to double check. The Maternal-Fetal Medicine place where I've had the other ultrasounds done called yesterday and were able to get me in today. I guess it will give me some peace of mind. :-)
My Grandma Van Leeuwen made it to 96 years old!! She celebrated her birthday on Tuesday, St. Patrick's Day! I was able to call and speak with her for a short time. My Aunts Marlene and Linda were there when I called. (I think I talked with Linda...they sound soooo much the same on the phone I can't tell!) Grandma was in good spirits, but I could tell it tired her out to talk too long. She has to have an oxygen mask on all the time now, so I suppose she has to take that off to talk on the phone!
Spring Break!! Yea!! Today is the last day of school and we get a week off :-) It is coming at a great time, my students are getting a little sick of school, and frankly so am I :-) We are not doing much. Connor's birthday is this Sunday (the 22nd) and Elianna's is in a week (the 31st). We are planning to go to Grand Rios water park next Wednesday night to Thursday to celebrate their birthdays. We did that last year too and they had a blast! Each kid is bringing 2 friends to swim during the evening, then I'll bring them back to our house to get picked up. So Thursday will be us as a family and anyone else that wants to come on up to Brooklyn Park!! Some friends from church joined us last year too, which made it lots of fun!!
I noticed that Connor has some of my "planning" obsessions...oh no! He wanted to know when we were going to the waterpark, if our friends from church were going to be there again, if we were doing the Chuck E Cheese/Mall of America celebrations we had done for them in the past, and something else that I can't remember. I told him that yes, our friends were more than welcome to join us at the waterpark, but I wasn't sure if they could come or not, and no, we are not doing CEC and MOA any more. We had decided that once kids reached school age we probably didn't need to add another party to the mix :-)
The kids have been very good about the fact that they are not getting a whole class birthday party this year. Connor is the very practical one (like his Dad!), so I knew he would be okay with that. Elianna likes to have a few more things (kinda like her Mom :-() but she's doing well with it too...she gets to spend time with Maddie and Grace!
We had the school auction at TLO last weekend. I helped with the Silent Auction again this year. Without my knowledge, I was crowned the "expert" on the Silent Auction! On how to set up, run, and close the rooms. Things went pretty well and closing the rooms went so quickly and smoothly! It's awesome when you have great people to work with! I was on my feet most of the day on Sat. and Sunday, and I was definitely feeling it! I had to be at school on Monday, because I had a parent IEP meeting, but I took Tuesday off and took it easy and put my feet up.
There's a quick overview on what's been happening around here! Next time I might even have pictures :-)
1 comment:
Congratulations, Heidi! I've been having problems getting on to blogger for some reason so am way behind on all the news. Hope to see you all in June! Not sure of dates yet beyond June. See you then!
Post a Comment