Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Gems from my GEM.

Elianna does NOT like thunderstorms.  There was one during the day today while she was at school...since it was the first one of the school year, I sent a message to her teacher just to give her a heads up if Elianna all of a sudden came down with a sore tummy.  It often starts to hurt when she is getting nervous!

Tonight was the kickoff at church for all the Wednesday night activities. Connor is in Cadets (Jon is his counselor), Elianna is in GEMS, Truman goes to the nursery and I do the singing for Pioneer Club, then go to choir.  Just after 8:00 when it was time to go home, the thunderstorms started again.  I knew it could be a long ride home!  Jon had come directly from the airport, so he and Connor rode together, and it was Elianna, me and Truman in the van.

Here are some of the quotes from Elianna's continuous dialogue on the way home....

I wish that the windows could be soundproof with the touch of a button!

Wouldn't it be cool if there was an umbrella for the top of the van so we wouldn't have to hear the rain?

You know, I think that the lightning is God's way of saying I'm always here!...or it could be him burning the devil with each lightning!

Mom, what makes lightning?  It's like electricity that all gets together and goes swoosh!

My tummy doesn't even hurt!

I bet you and Daddy are loving this, aren't you?  I hate it!

I tried to remember them all, but I know I didn't!  It was a long 20 minute drive home, but she did keep me chuckling :-)

1 comment:

Rachel E. said...

I think the Lord helps her through with the chatter. She definitely comes up with good thoughts though.