Friday, May 15, 2009

Crisis (Somewhat) Averted...pictures!



I almost had a nervous breakdown! I had brought my school laptop with us to FL so that I could empty out the memory card from my camera and update the blog. This winter our laptops were reimaged, meaning the hard drives were totally erased. Well, I had TOTALLY forgotten that FL pics were on this computer! It wasn't even on the radar screen anywhere!!

So, a few weeks ago, someone from the kids' school was asking if I had pictures from the Christmas program. I looked on the computer and home and couldn't figure out why they weren't there. I checked my portable external hard drive, but they weren't there either. I checked the camera too, thinking maybe I hadn't uploaded pics in a LONG time. No luck.

After a few days I thought about it some more and started searching more, after realizing I didn't have any pics from our trip to Animal Kingdom, seeing the Lippazaner horses and other FL things. That's when I remembered about the laptops having been reimaged. I had saved documents that I needed to the server at school, but had totally forgotten about the pictures.

Our tech guy at school, plus our own geek squad (Jack Brouwer) told me there was no way to get those pictures off of the computer. I downloaded a program from the internet just in case it was possible. Nope. Well, the program also said it could recover pics from memory cards. So, I tried that. I got some!! Yea!!

I didn't get all the pictures, but at least between what I found on the memory card, plus what I had already posted on the blog, and a few that were uploaded on the computer at home, I have at least a few pics of everything we did. I have learned my lesson, and I won't forget pics on this computer again!!

Here are some of the pics from our time at Animal Kingdom. (I think I got all of the pics from Animal Kingdom!)


Getting ready to go on the safari ride!

One of the elephants along the route.

The Finding Nemo stage show!

The Lion King show.

Some of the pictures ended up like this one, where not all of the picture was able to be found.

Elianna and Pocahontas

No comments: