Friday, May 15, 2009

Arbor Day 1/2 Marathon

Jon decided he needed some motivation to continue running for exercise, so he registered for a half marathon. (Not really what I would do for fun, but hey!) The half marathon was up in St. Cloud on April 18th. Josh and the boys and Kirsten came up to watch Jon run too. Alecia was in GR for GEMS. Josh and Kirsten were planning to stay in a hotel on Friday night and we decided at the last minute to stay there too. I didn't feel like leaving home around 6 am!

The kids had fun swimming on Friday night, and then we ventured out to watch Jon run on Sat. morning. We had thought we might catch up with Josh, Kirsten and the boys along the route, but we didn't see them until the finish line.

Our first time spotting Jon! Elianna is holding a sign I had made for Jon and Josh during the TC Marathon. I just had to cut Josh's name off of the 3 posters. I knew I hung on to them for a reason! They have since found the garbage. I'll make new ones next time :-)

The kids passing time while waiting for Daddy.
On the St. Cloud St. Univ. Campus


Elianna ran down to meet Daddy between miles 10 and 11.

Entering the stadium.

Crossing the finish line.

Jon and his fans!

Jake really wanted a picture with Uncle Jon!



No comments: