Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Back to Workshops

I am sitting at school in a department meeting. It is a good thing that we have a big department so I can blog at the same time :-)

Downloading pictures and uploading them to the blog has been taking a backseat lately. We've been running to football, soccer, school functions and other obligations. Tonight is Connor's first football scrimmage! He did so well the other night playing safety and knocking the ball away from the receivers :-)

We were able to spend a nice weekend with Josh, Alecia, Jake, Andrew, Eli and Kirsten. Jonathan and Josh ran 16 miles Saturday morning in preparation for the Twin Cities Marathon. That was the farthest they've both run! They ran part of the actual marathon course. They did not do the last grueling hill of the course, but at least got a feel for what they will be running. Jon is not quite sure how he'll survive 10 more miles than that, but I am confident he can do it! If you want to help cheer them on, join us on October 5th!

Alecia, the boys, Elianna and I went to watch Connor's football practice that morning. The kids played most of the time on the playground.

Saturday afternoon we went to the Great Minnesota Get-Together, a.k.a. the Minnesota State Fair. I LOVE the State Fair!!! Jon does not like it and everyone was definitely ready to leave. I would have loved to stay longer. Maybe I'll get to go again :-) I'm hoping!!

Sunday I made a great Beef Brisket off of Pioneer Woman's blog. It was delicious! I also made her twice baked potatoes. Yummy!

We are not sure what we are going to do over Labor Day weekend. We had intended to go to Edgerton and then go to Lifelight (a free Christian music festival) in Sioux Falls. But we have been gone so much over the summer that we might want to stay put. We'll have to make a decision sometime soon, I guess :-)

Hope everyone is having a good week!

No comments: