...until I can retire! Kirsten was nice enough to remind me that even though I didn't really want this birthday to arrive, at least I'm a year closer to retirement! I'll make sure I come back with some really nice comment when she turns the big 3-0 on Nov. 11th!!
My biggest disappointment is that I can no longer say that I am closer to 30 than I am 40. Oh well, 40 is NOT that old!! And I still have 5 more years until I reach that fabulous milestone! :-)
How did I spend this birthday you ask? It was my first day of workshop for the year. YEA!! (That was sarcastic in case you didn't catch that!) Things went fine, it's just a drag to have 10 weeks off of work, then start again on your birthday. My friend at work, who also lives down the street, also was born on Aug. 25th. She already looked and said we won't be in workshop on our birthday next year...she turns 50 next year and didn't want to be at school when that happened. For some reason she thinks we may all make a big deal about it...which might be true!
Jon took the morning off from work, so Elianna came with me to school in the afternoon. (Connor was at a friend's all day...they had gone camping last night.) I did take about a 20 minute nap (I'm not used to getting out of the house by 7 am!!) and then got the kids ready for soccer and football. Jon is coaching Elianna's soccer team, so he took her and I took Connor to football.
My Mom was going to bring my favorite Lemon Supreme pie from Baker's Square for dessert after sports, but she called and they ran out of it...boo...hiss! So Connor and I instead celebrated with some Dairy Queen after practice. I honestly tried to call Jon to see if he and Elianna wanted some, but he didn't answer his cell or the house phone...I promise!! I really did try!!
Thank you for all the phone calls today...Julia and Jaclyn were so precious singing Happy Birthday! And Henry, I loved your little "Happy Birthday" too :-)
Cheers to another year!
1 comment:
Happy birthday, Heidi!
I got back to Seoul today and will soon be trying to catch up with correspondence and blogging. I should look at yours more often - maybe seeing how long it's been since I last posted on your links list will be a good kick in the pants for me!
Post a Comment