I'm baaaack :-) Taxes are DONE!!! (At least they are off to the tax guy....) And yes, my IEPs are done, for now. I do have 4 more to get done by the end of the year, but I had a few that were piling up, so glad to get those off my plate.
What is happening right now in our life?
Yesterday was the silent/live auction and pasta dinner at the kids' school. We were there for a long time yesterday and I was there a long time on Saturday to help set up the silent auction. Things seemed to go a lot more smoothly this year than last year...especially for the silent auction check out! It did help that we didn't have as many donations to distribute, but the whole process was a lot easier!
We were the highest bidders on a few items. I got a really cool pair of silver earrings with a cross cut out of the middle. They are handmade by someone a friend of mine knows. I love them! (And am wearing them today!) Connor really wanted some tickets to the MN lacrosse team a.k.a. the Swarm. We had bid on tickets last year and won some this year too. There were 6 tickets and it is for a game on the weekend Jon will be out of town (more on that later) so I may take the kids and a few of their friends. I bid on something for Elianna that she just LOVES! It was a set of "dress up" things. It included at least 8 handmade princess skirts, some wands, fancy boas, fancy hair pieces, fancy clutch purses, place cards and place mats and her favorite part....makeup! She was putting on some of the lipgloss on the way to school today and wanted her fingernails painted this morning too...I told her that had to wait until after school!
Jon said on the way home that everyone but him got something at the auction! I had to remind him, however, that he bought a CD for himself in the general store!
Oh yeah, we also got a 4 pack of passes to the Bakken Museum which looks at electricity and a bunch of stuff. I think we can also get free passes to that museum at the library, but if a kids wants those passes, and the money benefits the school, then I guess that's a win win! :-)
Jon was bidding at the live auction for an orthodontic treatment. For Connor. Our dentist said we should probably get a consult for him already. Yes, his mouth is a mess. We haven't set that up yet. That may happen over the summer when I have a little more time to mess around with appts. and such. We'll have to check out a few different places and price them and see which ortho we like better :-) BONUS...his brown tooth came out!! :-) For those that don't know, he had a baby tooth that came in without enamel. Why? No reason, that's just the way it was. It was close to the front too, so it was noticable. Anyway, we're going to have to start the orthodontic stuff soon.
Jon also was bidding on some golf clubs. He started bidding just to help push the price up because no one was bidding. He did start getting a little nervous when the price was getting up to $575...he doesn't golf much and didn't think a new set of clubs would make him golf any more either! Thankfully someone else bid higher than him!!
Okay, I better go eat some lunch in my short alloted time!
It's nice to be back....I'll post some more later :-)
1 comment:
Sounds like fun! You ended up with a lot of goodies. I'm always nervous to bid on things because I don't want to pay too much for something. But, on the other hand, it benefits someone or something, so you feel good too. Looking forward to your next post.
Post a Comment