Jon and I will be fortunate these next two weekends to spend some time with our friends. (Next on the agenda...a date night or weekend!)
This weekend I will be going scrapbooking with some friends. Last time I went I got 33 pages done...hopefully I can beat that!! I have to get my stuff organized soon so I know if I have to print any pictures before Friday!
And yes, those that know when Jon's birthday is, I will be gone over Jon's birthday, which is Saturday. I did ask him before I made the final plans if he was okay with that! His response, "I'm 36 years old, it is NOT that big of a deal anymore!" So I guess I shouldn't care if he doesn't!
The following weekend Jon and 3 friends will be flying to FL to stay at my Mom and Dad's condo and do a little golfing, relaxing, walking on the beach, playing some cards....The more I think about it, the more jealous I get :-) We are finally going to hit 66 degrees here though today! But the winds will be around 40 miles an hour!
The trip for the guys was a surprise for them. The wives talked about doing it for them, and told them that they had to take that Friday off of work. None of them knew that the others were doing this too. Well, some of the guys needed a little more info before they decided if it was worth it for them to rearrange their schedules and take the day off! Can you believe they would second guess their wives?!?! Then another wife (me) has a HARD time keeping such a fun secret like this! I told him (well, actually Connor spilled the beans that he was going to FL) and I told him that he was going with Scott, Jack and Steve. I ALMOST spilled the beans to Jack too!! I mentioned the fact that Jon was going to be in FL on the 27th and then Michelle told him he would be gone on Sat. too and Tara emailed the fact that Jack would be flying somewhere :-) So Heather was the only good one as far as giving Jack any facts. Well, Jack still didn't piece everything together, so Michelle and Julia finally told him on Sunday night at small group :-)
Aunt Adri and Aunt Lori, I don't think that the guys will be able to stop and see you :-( They fly in really late on Thursday night and leave Sunday evening, but will have to clean the condo well before they leave!
I still have several more things I want to post...I guess that's what happens when I can't post for a month!!
1 comment:
Well, shucks! Jonathan and Alex's family will be in FL at the same time. They'll be "so near and yet so far."
-ae
Post a Comment