Saturday, November 2, 2013

Month of Gratitude

I have been absolutely horrible at blogging.  Probably because of Facebook.  I can't tell you how many posts I have written in my head, though!

I'm going to try to write on the blog daily during the month of November.  It will be my gratitude journal.

Today I am thankful for the Box Tops for Education program.  I helped get the box tops ready for TLO and brought them to the post office tonight to make sure they were postmarked by 11/1! TLO will be receiving $763 because of this program!

It has been a mini service project in our house.  The coordinator for our school has had some illnesses in her family and has not been able to keep up with the box tops.  The drawer at school was overflowing.  I had started trimming some of the box tops 10 minutes at a time when I would pick Truman up from preschool and before the older kids were done with school.  Then, I started bringing bags of them home.  Elianna and Jon joined in the fun almost nightly.

We even recruited our friends from TLO when we went to their house on Halloween.  They supplied a great supper and then fun trick or treating for the kids, and I repaid their hospitality by bringing box tops along for us to trim, count and make sure we didn't keep the expired ones.  What a fun dinner guest I am, huh!  Invite us for dinner, we bring you work :)

It took a lot of time, but the rewards for the school, students and teachers are worth it!

No comments: