I don't have any pictures with this update. I'll have to do that when I get back home--I didn't take my camera cord along to the farm.
Things are somewhat settled around our house. We are getting used to having a little one around the house again! Connor and Elianna are great with Truman. They LOVE to help...sometimes too much! Elianna has helped me change a couple of Truman's diapers even! (Not dirty ones...just wet ones). Truman is still not sleeping through the night, much to my dismay. Hopefully soon! We did move his bassinet into his room so that we don't hear every little groan. That has helped somewhat. But every morning at 3:30 or 4, he's awake! He doesn't always go back to sleep real easily, either.
Baseball and softball are done for the year. Both kids did really well! Connor really has a great baseball sense and knows where he needs to be and what he should do with the ball. He broke his glasses this summer, and still played very well even without them! He did get a new pair now, hopefully these will last the year :-) He didn't need a new prescription, so that was good!
Elianna had cried when I first told her I signed her up for softball, but ended up loving it! (We knew she would :-)) She did really well for her first year. Of course, she's been practicing for years with Daddy and Connor.
The kids are now done with the park program. That has been a life saver this summer! They are going to a Sports and Games camp on Monday and Tuesday through Park and Rec. That will be from 10 - 2:30 both days. Connor was okay signing up for it because one of the leaders at their park is going to be there. He's the one that usually wants to know someone before he does something. Elianna doesn't care. She'll make friends! Connor ends up making friends too, he's just more introverted. Hmmm, sounds a little like their Mom (Elianna) and Dad (Connor)!
They attended 2 different VBSs this summer. The first was at TLO (where they go to school). The second was at a church where a friend of ours is the youth pastor. That one had field trips in the afternoon too. Elianna elected to go to 3 of them (the max I told them they could go on) and Connor went to 2. They had a blast at VBS and enjoyed Grand Slam (Lazer tag, mini golf, batting cages and bumper cars) and Wooddale Fun Zone (roller skating and play area). Elianna also went to the zoo.
We headed down to Edgerton this weekend. We'll be going to Sheldon to see some of Jon's cousins and Aunts and Uncle on Sunday. We're hoping to maybe squeeze a weekend away at a cabin sometime this summer yet.
I am so grateful to have 6 weeks off of school! I will not start until the middle of October. It will be very nice to have some time to adjust getting the older ones off to school before I have to get all 4 of us out the door!
Grandpa just made some popcorn...time to go munch!
1 comment:
okay, I just found your blog. How fun to read up on your life after how many years? It's been a long time since we've seen each other, but I love catching up on your family with your posts and photos. Enjoy the time off and I hope you will feel rested too. : )
sara pot
Post a Comment