Monday, July 13, 2009

Dutch Festival Weekend

We headed to Edgerton this past weekend for the Dutch Festival! Cale, one of Jon's high school friends, was going to be in town, and a few of us were going to get together. So, we had our first mini-road trip with all 3 kids! Everything went pretty well. We did have to stop in Windom so that I could feed Truman, he was getting cranky! There's at least a park there that Connor and Elianna could play on while they waited.

Friday night we headed straight to City Park and ate at the food stands, then went to the parade. We weren't sitting on the best side of the street as you can see from the kids' faces below!


Landon and Aysia Van Hulzen


Jon, Shon and Kim Van Hulzen

After the parade we hung out with Shon and Kim, Cale and Lauren and Cheney and Vonda in City Park while our kids ran around and played. It was nice to catch up with everyone! Of course I didn't get any pictures....too busy chatting! (Plus it was getting dark!)
On Saturday, we hung out in the morning at the farm. Jake, Andrew and Eli were again at the farm too, and Elianna plays very well with them. I think Connor gets sick of being the oldest cousin on both sides sometimes! Truman hadn't slept well Friday night, so I was thankful to be able to sleep in a little bit thanks to Jon and Grandma!
Jon's Grandma Van Hulzen fell and broke her hip a couple of weeks ago and is currently recovering at the Good Samaritan Home in Sioux Falls. We stopped there Saturday afternoon to give her some company and so she could meet Truman.


Earlier in the day I had called Ryan and Carmen Mulder to see if they were going to be around that night. We were then able to go see them and hang out! Thank you for your hospitality, Ryan and Carmen!! The kids had a lot of fun watching TV on their big screen, playing basketball in the basement, riding the 4-wheeler and jumping on the tramp! I think the bigger boys may have even played some catch too.
Carmen and Truman

Connor, Elianna, Gavin and Dawson
They all love Disney Channel!

Britton
He had more fun hanging out with the adults and playing with Jon :-)

It was a little strange on Sunday after church not to go to Grandma's house! We headed back to the farm and had a yummy dinner. Truman fell asleep, so while he was napping the other kids were out playing in the yard. Connor and Elianna got to take turns driving the lawn mower. These city kids don't get much practice driving otherwise ;-)
Daddy riding along, just in case!

Eli, Elianna and Andrew. It's just as much fun chasing the lawn mower!



Elianna's turn!!

Connor's turn to chase!


Truman wasn't quite as happy on the trip home. We stopped in Lake Crystal and Jon and the kids ate at DQ while I fed Truman, then I got my food to go. We saw a lot of Twins fans on their way home from the game! They won that one!
Today I braved the waterpark by myself with all 3 kids. It went pretty well! The kids of course wanted to bring friends along, but I had to see how it went with Truman first. I think I'll be able to handle friends too next time :-)

No comments: