Tuesday, September 16, 2008

An update of sorts

Tuesday. Is it really only Tuesday?

Yesterday seemed like a REALLY long day. Probably because I had Open House at school last night. Plus, after school I had to go to the dentist, bring the kids to gymnastics and get Elianna ready to go to soccer!

Our house is in a little bit of chaos right now. Connor is in football (3 times a week), Elianna is in soccer (twice a week), they both have gymnastics on Monday afternoons, school is in full swing (homework, anyone!?!), Sunday school has started, Wednesday night activites start this week, Jon has work, running and Council meetings at church and I have work. I know other people have more, but for us, this is plenty!! I still haven't set dates for Scrapbooking at my house once a month and I haven't set dates for our parenting group either.

So my dentist appointment yesterday. I've been having a sore tooth for about a week. When I called and told them about it, and talked to my coworkers, everyone thought it was probably a cracked tooth. They were right! It hurts like the dickens when anything hot or cold (especially liquids) touches it! I have to have a crown put on it next Monday. $970!!--and that includes the cash discount! (Our dental program through school is a reimbursement plan. We pay up front for our costs, and they reimburse a certain percentage.) I've only ever had 1 cavity, so anything to deal with my mouth is a big deal :-) (I did have braces for 3 1/2 years....) I'm really hoping this doesn't mean my Puerto Rico money is gone!

Connor is starting to like football a little better. I still don't know if he'll play after this year or not. He does like being the waterboy for the AV Varsity team! He's gotten to do that twice...and the last game his teammates were all there for VAA appreciation night. I heard lots of, "How come Connor gets to be out there?" "How come I can't be out there!" "No fair!" They all had lots of fun as they got to run out onto the field at halftime as their team "The Bears" was announced.

Elianna is still not sure about soccer. She does very well when she's out on the field! When she's sitting out however, she would rather be finding dead bugs, playing in the grass, and kick her own ball around, rather than cheer on her team. She didn't have fun the 1st two games, she said it was because they lost. But on Saturday when I asked if she had fun, Elianna said she did. (They won 2 - 0) Jon said she didn't know that, though, until he told her!

Jon will be going to Winnipeg, Manitoba next week as the elder representative from our church to Classis. Our three pastors are going as well. He really enjoyed being at classis when it was held at our church before, and will be attending again as well. There are a bunch of delegates taking a bus from Faith Church in New Brighton and heading up north.

Jon only has a few more weeks before the Twin Cities Marathon! He did his big 20 mile run a couple of weekends ago. I have been very impressed with his dedication and training! It will be fun to watch him and Josh run!

I haven't been very good about posting pictures lately. I have so many pics to go through, it makes it that much more difficult! Plus, I've now been splitting my time between blogging and going on Facebook. Connor is addicted to playing Scramble on Facebook! Who would have thought that I would have a facebook page?!?! Not me!! I went on it initially just to check it out since so many of my students talk about it. I did, and had a couple of requests from people to be their "friends" that I hadn't talked to in years, and I was hooked! Don't worry, I haven't uploaded any pics to my facebook page either, so it's not that. I am thinking that it is probably a good thing that they blocked facebook from the school computers! Otherwise I be spending my prep hour and lunch time playing Scramble! (It is a game a lot like boggle...trying to find as many words as you can.)

Here's to hoping this week speeds up! Cheers!

No comments: