Thursday, September 4, 2008

Duluth Pics

Look what I found!! When I was downloading the pics from Jon's camera so I could add the 1st day of school pics, I found some other fun pics from this summer :-) We (okay, I) had bought Jon this camera for Father's Day. He enjoys taking pictures, he just didn't like always using the bigger dSLR that I like. The other perk for me is that now the kids can always bug Jon about taking a picture and not me :-)

These pictures are from the last minute trip we had taken to Duluth to see the tall ships in port. I cannot drag them into the order I wanted to put them on my computer here at school...so they are messed up a little bit.

The kids are standing by the bags that hold the crew members' gear. The length of "duty" for the crew depended on the ship. But on this ship, they were on duty for a month or so. The crew slept in very tight quarters and had to keep everything else in their bag. The ceilings were so low, it would have given me a headache and I would've needed a masseuse every night!


Being taken away by the pirates :-)

This is what happens when the kids take pictures :-)

This is by the Glensheen Mansion. We bought a book about the Congdon Murders. Marjorie Congdon is CRAZY!!! I had read some about the history when she was released from prison in Arizona. It is amazing to me how many fires happen where ever she lives! When they give tours of the mansion, they are not "allowed" to bring up the murders of Elisabeth Congdon and her nurse. I guess that is part of the agreement made by the family when they donated the house to the university. They are able to answer questions when asked by people on the tour, however.

Our little captains :-)

Now Jon and I actually get some pics of the 2 of us :-)


No comments: