A disgruntled schoolteacher handed in her
resignation with the following comment:
"In our public schools today, the teachers are
afraid of the principals, the principals are afraid
of the superintendents, the superintendents are afraid
of the board, the board members are afraid of the parents,
the parents are afraid of the children,
and the children are afraid of nobody!"
resignation with the following comment:
"In our public schools today, the teachers are
afraid of the principals, the principals are afraid
of the superintendents, the superintendents are afraid
of the board, the board members are afraid of the parents,
the parents are afraid of the children,
and the children are afraid of nobody!"
We seem to see this quite often. I've discussed this with several people. When I was little, and even in high school, if an adult told you to do something, you did it! I would be a nervous nelly if I didn't do what was asked. Kids today don't seem to have the same fear. Jon and I saw this when we managed apartments and 3rd graders didn't care when we told them to quick slamming doors or running through the building.
It gets even worse as they get older. Granted, my perception may be a little skewed since I teach in the special ed world, but kids do not show much respect for their elders. I am glad to state, however, that our own children do listen to other adults and in fact they both often tear up when reprimanded by others. (They learn that from their mother!)
This one is kind of a downer, but thought I would put it out there.
It gets even worse as they get older. Granted, my perception may be a little skewed since I teach in the special ed world, but kids do not show much respect for their elders. I am glad to state, however, that our own children do listen to other adults and in fact they both often tear up when reprimanded by others. (They learn that from their mother!)
This one is kind of a downer, but thought I would put it out there.
No comments:
Post a Comment