Monday, December 31, 2007

Our Last Full Day in FL

We leave FL tomorrow already! Time goes by so quickly!

Connor was asking one day if we could move to Florida. Jon replied by saying he needs to come visit in July sometime when it is super hot. When we were driving back to the condo today from my parents’ house, I said I think I need to visit in July too, because right now it is very appealing to move here!

We have spent several days at the beach and at the pool. I think the kids would be okay staying at the pool all the time, while Jon and I enjoy listening to the water on the beach! The water has been much warmer this year and the kids have spent quite a bit of time swimming in the Gulf. In past years if one spent too much time in the water then your legs turned red from the cold water!

On Friday we went to Myakka State Park. We had been there 4 years ago, but decided the kids were a little older now and may enjoy a return trip. There is an airboat tour you can take and see alligators. Four years ago we saw a ton of alligators! But this year with the warmer weather that they’ve had here in FL the water is warmer too, so the alligators don’t need to sun themselves as much. We still saw a few and the kids enjoyed it. The last time we went Elianna was only 21 months old, so she stayed back with Grandpa and Grandma House.

We also visited DeSoto National Monument where the kids could add a stamp to their National Parks Passport. Jon remembered going there when he was younger with his family. The kids enjoyed the storytelling that the ranger did as dressed as a Spanish explorer. They really enjoyed the musket being shot!

We had some time before we were going to visit with Uncle Gus, Aunt Adri and Aunt Lori, so the kids wanted to go hang out at the beach. This beach had much nicer sand than the one we usually go to in Venice! They are both little fish in the water and LOVE playing in the sand!

We had an enjoyable evening with Jon’s aunts and uncle. Aunt Adri made a yummy potato cheese soup! Elianna, our good eater, even had seconds! Connor tried it, which for him is very good! He also ate some bread and loved the apple cinnamon muffins! Aunt Adri always has good project making supplies and the kids were quite entertained by those!

We have thoroughly enjoyed our time in FL once again. The kids are starting to ask about their friends and unfortunately we have to go back to work too. We are hosting Jon's work party at our house on Saturday night. The one positive is that the kids go back to school on Thursday and Friday and my school doesn't start until next week. So I have 2 whole days to clean!

I will try and post some pics after we get home. I wasn't quite as picture crazy as I may have been in past years. I have gotten sick of scrapping so many beach pictures every year :-) (And you didn't know that was possible, did you!?!)

Hope everyone has a Happy New Year's celebration!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed your time in Florida. I miss seeing you guys on a regular basis, but I guess this a blog is the next best thing; it's been fun to hear what the four of you are up to!