Our weekends (and weeks for that matter) always seem so busy! Jon and I sat down last night to talk about this week and how we will we get the kids where they need to be.
Friday night Jon had "the guys" (Steve, Scott and Jack) over for cards. The kids and I went to the old neighborhood where they hung out with the Majeskis while I did some stamping :-) The kids were going to go sledding in the backyard, but we had stopped at Culver's for supper on the way and it was COLD!! So, instead they hung out inside, a much smarter choice, I thought!
Connor had a basketball game on Saturday morning. In the chaos of trying to get out the door (answering the phone, making sure coats and shoes were all on, remembering some honey teryaki to deliver to a friend at the game...)we forgot Connor's basketball shoes. As we were on Cedar just about to 35E I asked Connor, would you rather play in the shoes you have on or be late? He chose being late! So, around we turned, picked up the shoes and arrived at the gym and the game had started. But, Connor did get to play the next time they subbed in players. Their team is pretty good! They do have a ball hog, but most teams have at least one!
The kids and I put the Christmas tree up in the afternoon. I still haven't bought their ornaments for this year because the company I normally buy them from wasn't at the Canterbury craft fair this year!! I did get some lights on the bushes and some garland up the stairs too.
Saturday night Tante Kirsten came to babysit the kids while we went to the Brills' house. Kirsten had a little bit of fun (and frustration) when trying to put the kids to bed. She figured out a parent's and babysitters best friend....bribery! Both kids wanted to be read to first...but after a $1 bribe and then some more tears and another $1 later, they figured out an agreement :-) So, not only is she a free babysitter, she ends up leaving with less money than when she arrived :-)
The Brills have a beautiful home and they are fabulous hosts. Thank you Scott and Cheryl for your generous hospitality! I tried "Rock Band" the video game at their house--I am not a very good drummer! And after embarrassing myself on drums, I wasn't about to try the guitar or vocals. Besides, they need to get some better options for songs :-)
Sunday night we had our small group. We have been enjoying our new study. It is a Homebuilders study...Communication in Marriage. Jon and I both know we have room for improvement in that area! And we will make sure we do our homework this month!
2 more weeks and we leave for FL!!!! YEA!!!
Happy Monday!! (I will be posting a couple of recipes I promised some friends later today!)
No comments:
Post a Comment